Monday, October 31, 2005

Turnaround Pictorial


Hi all. We've been having some fun at turnaround taking funnie pictures (in addition to our inspection photos...booooring). I'm realizing right now that although we as a turnaround group find them hilarious, probably no one else will. a) I think you sort of have to be there to get it and b) we are all delirious, as we never have days off. I made the comment today as I filled out my timecard that I "only" worked 84 hours last week. Wha?

Okay, the first pic is of me in a column. Rob insisted that I check out this "really cool" pipe, but really he was just holding the camera underneath and snapped my photo. I'm so freaking gullible. On the left you can see Rob, my food/tv soulmate. He is real cool, and likes hippie music and is a liberal. Also we make fun of everything together (which is somewhat necessary at t/a). In this picture he is actually standing inside a huge heat exchanger before it is installed. Pretty sweet, really.

The next is an awesomely unflattering picture of our fearless leader, Ben. In this one he is actually climbing through a column, which for a while was a rarity as he was always "in meetings." Ben went to A&M with me n' Maria n' Amee. I actually really love him and his charming cynicism. Coincidentally, I worked with his brother Lucas at the PO/SM turnaround last year.


The next one makes me laugh and laugh, because it's of Seth being a hole watch. This was taken by the person inside the drum, and Seth was sitting outside with a radio and air horn, making sure the people inside were safe. What's great is how male model-ish he is in the pic. We are thinking of selling the photo to one of those catalog companies.


Lastly, we have a cute lil co-op named Kristen. She is adorable and so very tiny (she too is a halfie, but I guess she got more of the cute lil Asian characteristics than I did). In this picture she is modelling inside a pipe. Note that she can stand up in it. Heh.

Anywho, that's most of our crew. They are a fun bunch (in that goofy engineer way). My last pic is completely unrelated, but I'm just so proud (a la Amanda and her tomatoes) that I have to share. Aneil was named October Employee of the Month at his work, and he got extra vacation and a plaque and everything. I'm so happy and proud and all those things so here's a picture of him with his award. Heh it's especially exciting because I'm so not the Employee of the Month. In fact I think my boss hates me. So at least one of us has charmed our superiors.

Okay, back to studying. I love you all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i loove your pictures. i am really happy that you updated bc i didnt want to be a burden and request an update. haha.
tell aneil i am proud of him and that if i ever meet him ill give him a pat on the back for a job well done.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD UPDATE.

jasembera said...

hahaha.... i agree i agree.