Sunday, October 02, 2005

winter's love



This weekend was much improved and way less dramatic than last weekend. Amanda (my heart) came over Friday night and we ate copious amounts of Filipino food and drank beers. Then Saturday we indulged (again) at Freebird's and went cd shopping. We also went to hang out with my work bff at my old boss' house and had a family fun night, basically. Dan's 9 year old son kicked my ass at chess. It's fine.

After party we were too full of fritos and lemon bars and burgers and brats and beers to do anything so we stayed home and made mix cds and sorted my ridiculous collection of photographs from college. We convinced Maria she could study while we were hanging out...sucker!

It was all very boring/relaxing. I love that girl. Today we went to Baba Yega and drank carrot juice (how healthy!) and chased it with potato salad, which Amanda loved. I think it's because it was loaded with mayonaise but I could be wrong. We also went to get bubble tea with Maria and played an epic game of Scrabble. Wow, we are really exciting fun-loving chicks! Heh.

I hate saying goodbye to her, but oh well hopefully I will see her soon.

In other news, my mom and brother were able to get back to Lake Charles to survey damage to our lil house. They were able to clean up a bit and are planning on patching the roof today. My aunt was also able to go home and although 2 (yes 2!) trees fell on her house, she says it's not as bad as she feared. Apparently one tree took out the carport and my uncle's crappy car. And the other got the roof over her living room so some water got in, but she doesn't think it is a total loss, so that's a relief. I may have to go back next week to help in Hurrican Rita cleanup 2005. I'm giving it a grand name so it sounds like more of an event than the pain in the ass that it is. Poor Lake Charles.

Umm, also I took my first business school test. It was really long. Ugh. I actually think I have another test coming up next week so yay.

I love Teddy Grahams again.

I've decided that "Say You Say Me" by Lionel Richie is going to be me & boy's "song". It's so freaking awesome.

I'm also working on creating photo albums and I'm organizing my cd collection. If you know me you know these are really ambitious projects, as I have no organizational skills, but I'm doing well so far.

Okay, I believe that is all. See you soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

why are you so cute. why do i love you so.

i miss you already and you forgot to include that i beat you at scrabble despite all your triple word scores. HA!

yesss i love technology,
but not as much you, you see
but still i love technology
alwaaays and forever