Tuesday, October 18, 2005

crimson & clover


Greetings all. Today was busy. I went to my company's downtown headquarters to interview for a job in corporate manufacturing support. Probably not as fun as my current job but I would meet a lot of important folk and it would be a lot different. For example, no being on call and no turnarounds. Which right now seems like a sweet deal. Oh to the left you can see me inside my favorite product tank. I am actually not too dirty in this picture so that's a change.

Oh I find out about the job tomorrow. I'll let you know.

I also got both my exams back today (accounting and finance) and I got A's on both! Hooray!

I'm gonna have to be concise because it is past my bedtime, but today I was listening to this lovely Sufjan Stevens song and it made me cry. I will copy paste this one verse below. You may not know but my dad (Keith) actually went by his middle name and his first name was Carlton. And I would always tease him and call him Carl or specifically "my Carl". And although I realize Sufjan was referring to Carl Sandburg, these lines really affected me today:

I cried myself to sleep last night
And the ghost of Carl, he approached my window
I was hypnotized, I was asked to improvise
On the attitude, the regret Of a thousand centuries of death...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are so cute in your tank. like a fish in a fishbowl.
goodluck on job. im sure you charmed them.

cant wait to see you again and give you hugs.

jasembera said...

that is the cutest photo in all of americas. and i am jealous you have a sweet job that allows you to get dirty. hope the interview stuff went well...