Monday, October 17, 2005

a real whopper

Okay so much has occurred since last post, but I've been super busy thus no posts. Sorry, but I will do my best to summarize.

About 4 minutes after previous post was published (thank you to everyone who had kind comments and concerns I love you all), boy just sort of showed up at my door (one day early) to surprise me. And he had flowers and teddy grahams and an Ernie balloon too! It was pretty delightful, I must say. Next day I had to work, but weekend was real busy. We had to spend Fri afternoon buying supplies for mom's house and then Sat morning was Dan's daughter's birfday party at Chuck E Cheese. It was my first experience there. It was...chaotic. But we played games and I used my tickets to win a ChuckE stamp that says SUPER so it was worth it. Plus there were kids and babies. And Dona's daughter Nicole (she is 3 and is adorable) had a crush on Aneil and he gave her piggyback rides. I actually took a great picture of them but left my camera at mom's. Doh. Sat night we (plus a very generous Val and her "friend" Todd) pulled up all the carpet at mom's. Quite a task. But mom cooked us a great meal so it was all worth it.

Umm ok, also mom is doing a lil better lately (and so am I) so we are holding up okay, considering. She is having an easy time with the insurance and FEMA people but it is real hard to find contractors to do repairs in LC right now. Ah, stress.

Oh also boy and I decided to "go steady" or whatever you crazy kids call it these days. Guess I'm off the market. Although I don't really remember being "on the market" or anything. So I guess nothing has really changed.

Okay so all that's happened since then is constant working (turnaround woo!!!) and school. Had my first finance test last week so hope that went okay. Also I have a scary job interview tomorrow with 2 real important engineering manager people. It is for a job opening at our corporate headquarters downtown. Think I'm in way over my head but oh well. I'm just glad I get to leave my current job (regardless of whether I get the corporate job I am in the engineer rotation) because my boss is officially nutty. She doesn't like my bff Dan, and is basically forcing him out of our group. It's good for him in the long run bc she hates him and his new assignment is probably better, but the way she has handled it is real shady. I am just glad I am getting out of her group.

Okay, so that sums it up. Back to preparing for interview now. Promise to try to sneak in some turnaround pictures soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yaay.
im glad you are back. i love you.
a lot.
more than boy.
9900000 times more.
post pictures.

k bye.