Thursday, May 28, 2009

Wedding Planning Sundries

So we have been wedding planning for the past few months, but I never manage to blog about it.  Figure I would get you up to speed on where we are in the process.  (Albeit I have to omit some of the cooler elements, else I start spoiling surprises!)

We have a cutie location all picked out called Creekside Pavillion.  It is indoor/outdoor, so hopefully the weather will cooperate.   On the January day we visited it, the weather was perfection, so here's hoping it is like that next Jan. The outdoor area is real adorable, and is adorned with lots of twinkle lights at night.

The indoor area is well lit and has tons of windows and feels really open and happy. 


They do all the catering on site, and we think it will be delicious!  Plus they provide everything, but will let us BYOB, so it is quite the deal.  Love this place!

We took some engagement photos, and although this sitting was just for funsies, they came out really nice!  I mean, Alecia did have to take something like 600 photos to achieve this, but hey, it was worth it!  Ha.  Lesson learned:  make sure you hire an awesome photographer for your wedding!  Now we have to decide whether we want another more formal (read: less sweaty) sitting, or if we want to make a video that sort of interviews us about our love.  We might annoy everyone (including ourselves) if said video turns out too precious, but it might turn out cool.  Vote in the comments!


Now to the fun part.  I chose some navy blue bridesmaid dresses at a bridal shop, but then the other day I was randomly shopping on Overstock.com and came across really pretty dresses at literally 1/3 the price of the other ones.  So I called up all the bridesmaids, and got them ordered in the same day.  I love bargains!  Plus the blue is exactly my favorite color (Violet-Blue for all you old-school Crayola fans...remember how Blue-Violet just wasn't as pretty as Violet-Blue?  Oh Crayola, how I miss the simplicity of the classic colors!).  So, yeah, I am extremely excited about the dresses!


I can't wait to see them in real life so I can start planning color schemes and whatnot.  Seriously, I thought I would hate doing all the girlie color/flower/lame stuff selections, but once you start researching, you start getting really into it.

I can't talk about my dress in this forum, as it is public (read: Aneil will look at it) so believe me when I say it is lovely.  I managed to buy it off the rack at half the price, so I stayed close to my budget, but feel like I got much better quality than I could have afforded at full price.  Brides of the world, buy off the rack!  It was sort of nerve-wracking to have to rush to the store to make sure they didn't sell it out from under me, but it was worth it.  I stare at it sometimes.  Also I MAY have tried it on for funsies a couple of times while no one was home.  It's fine.  If you're dying to see a picture, let me know and I will email you one.

I bought some cute flats to wear with my dress.  Mom told me to get heels, but Maria and Bree recommended the flats, and I'm thinking that's the way to go.  I just don't think I could handle heels all day.  These were on sale at DSW (bargains!  yay!), and even have a lil something blue included in the insoles, so I am happy.  Here they are being shown off by my Webkinz friend, Peter.


We are in the process of creating really cool favors and seating chart schemes (we are freakish planners, of course we have a seating chart!) but Aneil has made me swear not to reveal our secrets.  They will be awesome and totally us, so prepare yourselves for charm galore!

I still need a florist.  Alecia says she can sneak me into the June Bridal Expo (I will probably help out her booth as needed) so I can meet some flower people.  I found this bouquet photo on The Knot and now I am obsessed with having irises in January.  I hope I can make this happen.


Okay, that's all for now.  We have a cake tasting on Monday, and I'm really excited about the cake lady, so hope it tastes as good as it looks.  Wish us luck!

In the meantime, hearts and stars, and have a great weekend!   I will be back to non-wedding topics in my next post!

3 comments:

Meena said...

I vote video. Good call on the flats. They are so cute! I, with much regret, wore heels for our wedding, and was in much pain by the end of the night. Please email me pics of your dress!

Dona thinks said...

video all the way ... its the only way to truly capture the shelley - aneil experience! I wore heels but ditched them once I got to the reception (Dorden was way too tall to get married without them)! Cake tasting day is the best too.

Misplaced Texan said...

Ohhh, I would love to see a pic of your dress. Great pictures are were you want to spend your money, they are what you have after the big day. I hired a team of two (married couple). Formal pictures went really fast and they took pictues of different things going on at the same time.