Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Sing it loud so I can hear you

So, as previously posted, Maria & Casey got married on May 23rd.  There was a lot of pre-wedding preparation and craziness beforehand, but it all fell into place and was fun and lovely.

Last minute prep, as Liz & Thomas scan photos for the slideshow.



And we transport the flowers to the hotel.



And Amee does Maria's hair for the rehearsal.  I like how Thomas got roped into helping with Maria's hair.



Later at the church, Aneil got some blurry pics of our practice walks.





Rehearsal dinner was delicious!  Steaks and salads and tarts, oh my!  Seriously, Cafe Eccell's strawberry tart is a thing of beauty.  Sorry in advance to anyone in my wedding party, as we cannot afford to provide you with a steak dinner.

Then on the big day,  I gave my digital camera to Aneil so all my preparation pics are on my Kodak Funsaver.  I will have to get them developed and get back to you.  We'll see how those turned out.  Thomas kept calling it my "old-timey" camera.

Here's the ceremony:

Seriously, Maria's nieces and nephew are the cutest kids around.



Liza & Julian.  Check out the look on the old lady's face to the left!



Liz & Brian.



Me & Matt.  My mom worries that I will be making this "silly" face throughout my own wedding.



Amee & V.  Amee looks real princess-y in Indian clothes.



Neha & Sean.



Bree & Travis.



The Bride!



And the newlyweds!



The reception was a 2-parter.  There was a lunch reception, with a full buffet, the couple's first dance, and the cake cutting, etc.  The highlight for me was Julian's charming best man speech, which included a lengthy discussion of the movie "Heat."  

We thought the 2 babies on the right looked like miniature versions of Maria and Casey.  Also, that's Leela on the left.  She is Maria's niece, and a dancing fool!  I love her so.



Best friend photos were mandatory.



Maria changed into a gorgeous sari, for what seemed like all of 2 minutes, then the reception was over!



We showered and changed and relaxed before the nighttime reception/dance party.  Aneil, Amee, and I went to the Freebird's on Northgate and it was extremely nostalgic.  Gig them!  Needless to say, we did not eat many hors d'oeuvres at the reception.

Dance party was awesome.  Started out as a baby dance off.



Lily won the dance-off, mostly because she did a crazy pull-up-the-skirt move.  Here she is in action.



Thomas actually did a dance very reminiscent of my brother's patented "squat and stick out your tongue" dance, prominently featured in our infamous dance-a-thon home video, circa 1986.  Apparently the classics never die.  Thomas just does it with more style.



Thomas won over all the ladies, including Neha.




The night eventually devolved into this (of course):



Our faces are nuts here.



Check out the color coordination!  Also, I am madly in love with Maria's dress.



We took Amee to Northgate for all of 1 hour, and all of her Aggieness apparently was reawakened.  She did the darling Shiner Tattoo move at least twice (that I remember).



I love how serene Aneil looks, as he is oblivious to Julian's shenanigans.



I feel like this photo sums up Maria and Amee's relationship.



At times we were cute.



Other times, not so much.



These two were cute entire day.  Lub.



Eventually we were drunk and emotional and gave the couple a mini send-off.  Note Julian's single tear.  Bye bye friends!



I continued crying for a good solid half hour (Aneil says it was an hour) after we got back to the hotel room.  I will miss my Maria and our constant hanging out over the last few years.  I know I already moved to Austin a couple of months ago, but after the wedding it really did feel like the end of an era.  The end of our single days of studying and shopping and missing boyfriends and chatting for hours.  New York is awful far away, but we've got to visit sooner rather than later!

Check out a million more photos at my shutterfly site.  It was a labor of love to upload those, so enjoy them or else!  


2 comments:

Bo Nash said...

I am confused. Who is the beardless guy in these photos with you? And what did you do with Aneil?

Julie said...

Maria's living in New York? Give her my email!!