Friday, March 13, 2009

Yakkety Yak

I don't feel like going to the gym, as it is too rainy outside, so I am going to blog instead!  Yay!

1) Being unemployed isn't too bad so far.  I mean, yeah, the lack of income is sort of sad, but I get to see Aneil EVERY DAY.  Which is totally worth it.  Plus, I'm becoming very domestic.  I cooked fish yesterday!  I cooked!  I rule!

2) Daytime tv totally sucks.  Instead, I am watching these Battlestar Galactica dvds that were loaned to me like, 6 months ago.  Anyone watch this show?  I can't decide if I like it or not.  It's so DRAMATIC.  I like the sassy pilot, and I caught myself saying "frak" the other day, so maybe it is growing on me, I dunno.  I loves me some Edward James Olmos, so I guess I'll stick with it.  My only issue is that these people are not from Earth, but like, they use the same words that we do, like a "phone" is a "phone" yet sometimes they have their own special words for things.  I don't really get it.

3) I hate applying for jobs.  I am not getting too down about it, because according to the news, it's not me, it's the sucky economy, but it's still hard to not take it personally.  I got a reject from a job I didn't even want, and it made me sad!  What's the world coming to?  Instead, I am thinking about just spending a bunch of time volunteering, since I can technically afford it for now.

4) Did you see Jon Stewart take down Jim Cramer?  It was intense!  I sort of felt weirdly bad for Jim, as he just had to sit there and take a beating.  Then I realized that he is annoying!  I used to hate how U of H's business school played Mad Money on the big tv's in the lobby all the time.  Jon Stewart rules!

5) Speaking of Jon's...As if Jon Hamm could get any dreamier, there is video of him as Lex Luthor, asking the government for a $100 billion bailout so he can kill Superman.  This guy is funny too?  It's almost too much to take.  Here's the link: Jon Hamm, I love you so.

6) The way the Austin weathermen are SO EXCITED about our 3 days of rain is pretty adorable.

7) George Clooney back on ER last night reminded me why that show used to rule.  And Nurse Hathaway still loves him!  And Benton is still annoying/awesome!  Man, I used to love that show.

8) Had fun playing poker last weekend, and apparently I get to play mahjong tomorrow, so I am one happy game-playing camper.

9) Still no wedding dress.  It's fine.

Love to all!
Shells

1 comment:

Meena said...

hey, girl! it's so good to see you back in the blogging world. i'm sorry it's been hard finding a job. you're brilliant...you'll find a great job. don't worry. jason and i are total battlestar galactica nerds. we love the show, though we haven't seen the last season yet. we've heard it ends great, some friends of ours said it was the best series they've ever seen. we will see. it's ok to take all the time you need to find just the right wedding dress. it'll be beautiful.