Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Anyone still out there?

Hi, sorry about the demise of blog.  Things got sort of nuts after Bonnaroo, apparently.  Here's the rundown since then...

1)  Bonnaroo was simultaneously fun and exhausting.  I did not shower for like, 5 days.  The sets were extra-long and the festival grounds were great.  But yeah, never doing it again.

2) Then we went to Chicago to visit Amee and take her to Lollapalooza, which was wonderful.  First, we saw Amee.  Second, we ran into Wayne Coyne in the street!  Plus, the festival was lovely and fun and the weather in Chi-town in the summer is awesome.

3) We also visited Val in Philly.  Liberty Bell, water ice, cheesesteaks, Andrew Bird, joy.  We also hooked Val up, so there was also romance in the air.  Lub.  Since our trip, she has actually moved back to Houston, so Texas has definitely cheered up.

4) I left my job downtown to go work at the Channelview plant, which I actually liked, other than the fact that my Nomex was pretty snug after 3 years of cubicle life.  I only lasted 2 months before I left, though.  Because...

5) Aneil and I got engaged in December.  He totally surprised me, but I said "no doi."  Seriously, that's exactly what I said.  He was cute.  Things are looking up.

6) Decided to end my mid-life crisis by quitting my job (which, if you were to ask Barack Obama, was a stupid idea), and moving to Austin.  I am on Day 2 of Real Housewife of Travis County life, and it's okay so far.  I probably need to get a job ASAP, but am sort of enjoying this mini-vacay.

Okay, that should bring the blog up to speed.  Promise to post more soon.

XOXO,
Shells

1 comment:

gk said...

I bet you can get a job at Starbucks.