Thursday, March 05, 2009

Who watches The View?

I mean, I know I am a stay-at-home cutie now, but I seriously can't make it through more than 20 minutes of that show.  The women are just too irritating!  I do love Ellen, though.  Maybe if Barbara Walters and Whoopi had some sort of charming dance like Ellen's it would help?  Nah, probably not.

The geniuses over at my former place of employment accidentally paid me for 6 weeks of unused vacation rather than 3 weeks.  Is it any wonder this place is in the red?  When I called to correct it, there were no, oh wow thanks for pointing that out, man, you are great!  Rather, it seemed like they were annoyed that they had to do more work, and asked me to cut them a check (for way more than I owed them!).  What idiots!  Ugh. Lucky for them I have the sweetest, most honest fiance in the world, who convinced me that yes, I should inform them of the mistake, else I may have just kept it.  My dealings with all things HR or Payroll since the end of my stay have been nothing but irritating.  I have to channel all my happy memories with my delightful coworkers to even remember why I worked there in the first place.

End of rant.

In pop culture news, I am perplexed by the American Idol "wild card" announcement last night.  The only real bright spot was that Anoop (my personal fave!) got a spot.  Anyone have any Idol opinions?  Anyone watch this show other than me?  Anyone else shocked that someone actually covered "Mandolin Rain" by Bruce Hornsby and the Range on Tuesday night?  I mean, Bruce Hornsby, really?  Really?  Whatevs, I'll keep watching, of course.  I'm pretty sure that my bizarre need to watch AI is probably Aneil's least favorite aspect of our co-habitation.  Oh well, too late, sucka!

Thanks to Amee I am obsessed with "The Daily Plate", this food journal application within the Livestrong website.  Their database is INSANE.  Much better than any other I have seen.  You basically look up whatever you ate (and can rest assured it's in there) and click "I ate this" and it logs all your calories for you.  Since I'm supposed to be Bride dieting, it should come in handy.  Check it out if you love obsessing and/or calorie counting.

Has anyone tried this Paperback Swap website?  It seems cool.

More soon,
Shelley

1 comment:

Bo Nash said...

One I HAVE tried is swapsimple.com and you can trade even more stuff on there. I've met the folks who run it and they're good people. Friends of Sophie's up in Chicago!