Thursday, January 31, 2008

Yoda = Best MADE coach ever?

I'm having an extremely nerdy week..."Lost" premiere tonight (eeeep)! We will finally find out who the heck is on the mysterious "freighter". Whatevs, I'm lame.

I also Netflixed "The Empire Strikes Back." I know I watched it when I was little, but most of the Star Wars trilogy is a mish mash in my head, and I just felt like viewing it as a grownup. My favorite character, even now, is Yoda. He's almost like a zen cousin of Jim Henson's Fraggles.

Also, the whole Jedi training sequence really reminded me of an episode of MTV's "Made." I mean, here's this stupid kid who seeks out a "coach" and essentially says "I wanna be MADE...into a Jedi." But then halfway through his training he just starts whining and not listening and being annoying in general (i.e. the MO of every single kid on Made). Then Yoda has to give him the whole "Do or do not there is no try" speech. Awesome. "Return of the Jedi" is on its way via the USPS, but I'm not worried, because in every episode of Made the kid always has an epiphany and eventually beats the odds and learns something about themselves. I get the feeling lil Luke will beat the odds, finish his training with ol' Yoda, and maybe just maybe defeat the empire. Maybe.

Not much else going on. My eyes are doing great and almost feel back to normal. It's pretty weird to be able to see without glasses. At least now I know if I am ever stranded on a deserted island inhabited by hostile natives/polar bears/black smoke monsters at least I will be able to see without worrying with glasses or contacts.

Work has been busy but I have lots of free time now that school is done. I'm trying to fill my time with running and watching movies but I am probably going to need to come up with a new project soon. Luckily M is back in town to save me from my humdrum existence!

Wow, the Democratic debate is pretty rowdy and star-studded tonight...did I just see Rob Reiner? Ha. I wish Oprah had aligned with Hillary, if only to give her a makeover. Otherwise, Obama is more appealing in general. Wolf Blitzer...not so appealing.

Anywho, that's all I've got going on...see? You didn't miss anything all those months I wasn't blogging. In the meantime, have a fun Groundhog Day.

xoxo,
S

No comments: