Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Ooooh! It feels good to be free!!!

Hi! I have been inspired by my love for "Gossip Girl" to reboot the blog.

Sorry I fell off the planet after June, but I was sort of frazzled. Here's the 2nd half of 2007 in review:

July - Let's face it, I think I was suffering from a wee bit of anxiety. Also took an awful summer class that stressed me out big time. I also started clenching my teeth in my sleep...weird, no?

August - Took a much needed vacation with my gal A. Visited all the West Coast darlings and drove from San Francisco to San Diego. Precarious but completely beautiful! Finally stopped clenching the teeth.

September - Got to attend the ACL festivus. Bjork rocked my socks.

October - Tons of people got married. Lots of love all around. Visited DC. Fun stuff.

November - Pretty much did school work for a solid month. Endured the worst teammate of ALL TIME. Still managed to pull it together AND turn 27

December - I GRADUATED!!! Also, festivus was fun, of course. I love festivus and I love seeing best friends all in one place. If you missed it, try again next year!

Okay, that brings us to the new year. I didn't make any resolutions, but I will try harder to update ye old blog. I am super busy at work, but now am without schoolwork so I have a lot of lag time. Yesterday I convinced Aneil to train for a half marathon with me in order to keep me busy. If the past 3 weeks are any indicator, without schoolwork or college football to keep me busy, I will literally spend entire evenings playing FreeCell and watching reality tv.

Anywho, moving on, here are the pop culture things I am currently nuts about:

1) Lost (watched all 3 seasons on dvd and am all caught up...have a crush on Sawyer)
2) Law & Order: CI (it's so lame but wonderful...read: have a crush on Vincent D'Onofrio)
3) I had a dream I was dating Daniel Day-Lewis but kept calling him David Alan Grier. Either way, have a crush on DDL.
4) Gossip Girl!!

At any rate, I promise to be back soon. If you have any suggestions for projects I should be working on now that I am a free woman, leave me a comment.

Hope to be back in top blogging form ASAP. You know you love me.

XOXO,
S

2 comments:

Bo Nash said...

I miss you!!!

I had a dream the night before last that I was traveling along the great wall of China with Neil Patrick Harris and his stepfather, and we were riding donkeys. We had 150 pound saddlebags full of raw bacon. We were being chased by NPH's mother and some evil orthodox rabbis. I'm still not sure why we were being chased. Anyway, we kept tossing bacon at our pursuers until we got far enough ahead that we were able to escape down the side of the wall in a chute made of swiss cheese. (With our donkeys, too!)

I thought it was a really entertaining dream at the time, but I am mildly disturbed by the antisemitic overtones. On the other hand, I'm kinda hungry for bacon.

Misplaced Texan said...

Yeaaaa, Shelly is back!