Tuesday, October 17, 2006

quick summary

Wilco makes me happy. Excellent show with 2 encores and a happy enthusiastic crowd. Plus Jeff Tweedy is freaking adorable. Plus there was a best friend collision extreme, with Amanda, Alex, and law school pal Amos, plus Aneil and his 2 best friends, Jenny and John. I think the group dynamics were okay though, and everyone had a lot of fun.

After the show, we went to Oak Hills for some post show cocktails and pizza. (visit Amanda's blog for photos and witty commentary)

I hated to say goodbye to such cute kids on Saturday, but luckily I was still able to hang out with Amanda the rest of the day at the fancy mall adjacent to Fiesta Texas. We were shopping for dresses for her to wear to a wedding, but I am the one who ended up buying a dress. Did you know Neiman Marcus only accepts American Express or Neiman Marcus credit? What's with that? Even McDonald's accepts Visa! Whatever. I am now a Neiman Marcus credit account holder...I'm sure that account will see tons of action in the next year, since I love to buy couture and designer brand items. Bleh.

We also drank Godiva Elixir, which was a delicious chocolately treat that you should all try!

In other news, I bought a Tivo! It arrives in 3 days and I can't wait. Obviously now that I am a Neiman Marcus shopper I can afford such extravagance! You can rewind TV! I can record Ugly Betty while I watch The Office! Holy crap! And the countdown to television bliss begins...

Project Runway finale tomorrow...prediction: Jeffrey is not found guilty of cheating, but is over budget and can't use the blonde wigs he planned to use for his models. I love his collection, so I am hoping I am correct and he gets to compete. Also, Amanda and Alex introduced me to Top Chef, which is the equivalent of PR but with food, so luckily I will have something to Tivo until PR comes back for a new season.

I am pretty uninteresting lately, but I'm blaming it on school work and lack of spare time to cultivate my quirks and whatnot. I will try to pick up some slack by visiting darling brown boy and seeing Built to Spill this Friday. Yes, I am going to Austin the weekend before my test. I'm craaazy!

I just got super excited whilst watching "Made" because the geeky girl who was made into a pageant queen got a kiss on the cheek from her crush, the guy who watches Stargate with her. I freaking love this show!

In summary, this week I love: tater tots with What-A-Burger ketchup, the fact that Amanda understands my love for What-A-Burger ketchup, the fact that Aneil doesn't understand my love for What-A-Burger ketchup yet accepts it nonetheless, everyone I saw Wilco with, Wilco, Sushi Zushi, the very thought of Tivo, keeping in touch with old friends, and young love. This week I hate: the very thought of my Management project, my bizarre addiction to Starbucks vanilla lattes, Houston drivers, and the fact that at this moment I'm not eating tater tots with What-A-Burger ketchup.

3 comments:

Bo Nash said...

I'm really jealous that you get to see Built to Spill this weekend because I love them in an unnatural way, and the new album is so fantastic. Doug is so darn delightful. I won't be able to go to any of their Texas performances because I'll be in Atlanta. But I'll get to see Etta James while I'm there, so I guess that somewhat makes up for it. Okay, I love you, bye bye!

Anonymous said...

i used to have a thing for vanilla latte's, until I let one sit overnight and saw what it turns into, blecch

Anonymous said...

um come over. lets have bizarre celebrations and godiva shakes. also last nite i had sushi zushi again (!) i cant help it im addicted. also i saw that episode of Made too!!! iloved that they both loved stargate and celebrated its 200th episode. haha. i also loved how he told her other friend she was just jealous of how pretty she looked! eep. i also wanted to tell her that her friend was no friend at all and to watch out. she was so wierd and like a 13 yr old boy. ugh. also i am super excited about PR tonite!! you must call me afterwards so that we can discuss. i predict that Micheal's collection will look like something i could purchase at 5-7-9 and Cruella D'Ville will be in the front row oohing and ahhing over Laura's collection while Uli remains adorable but under the radar and Jeffrey will hopefully say "rock and roll" atleast one time. ok call me. bye. also is ugly betty goood? i dont watch....k bye for real.