Tuesday, April 18, 2006

to my heart he carries the key

Hi darlings!

I have a new computer! It doesn't take 5 minutes for my IMs to appear! I can actually use Microsoft Office! This rocks!

Last weekend I went home. It is stressful most of the time, because of all of the work on the house and lack of daddy. However, I want to give props to Fro, who really came through and went above and beyond to help Mom over his spring break! He is alot better at communicating with her than I am plus he supervised all of the house repairs despite his ridiculous allergies/wheezing/sneezing. He is also living at home this summer to look after mom, so that's great too. When did Fro become a grownup?

Fried Foods Consumed since the end of Lent:
1) 6 Filipino Eggrolls
2) Serving of Fried Okra
3) The Tortilla Strips on my Chili's Quesadilla Explosion salad

I strangely have not had Chick-Fil-A yet. I meant to today, but I HAD to have steamed dumplings. I don't even like dumpligs usually, but am convinced that the food court dumplings are laced with some sort of addictive substance. I yearn for them constantly. Also, I am so over french fries, and may quit eating them altogether.

American Idol was great tonight...what's with that? Obviously working under the watchful eye of Rod "Do You Think I'm Sexy?" Stewart really helped. Really, it's just that when they have theme shows that cross genres, they all do pretty well. That Katherine chick is unbelievably beautiful. However, I'm ridiculously charmed by the goofy gray-haired guy.

I see my darling Amanda this weekend, so be jealous, kids.

I am 10% done with Atlas Shrugged! I can't believe it! I'm going to start tracking my progress in Excel and copying it here for your reference (since I can use Excel on new computer!!). I understand now why the people who recommended the book to me did so. They were all brilliant, talented, amazing people. So a philosphy that tells you that everything you do should be for an objective reason and that achieving all that you can is ultimately benefitting the greater good makes sense to amazing people. I don't mind the book so far, but yes, it is tedious. I hope to make it through the whole thing this time.

Okay, I have to do something about my messy apartment. At some point, it gets so messy it starts making me sad. We've hit that point.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cant wait to see you. so glad your computer isnt keeping us apart any longer.
THERES GLASS BETWEEN US!

i despise fountain head and therefore ayn rand. you will have to let me know about this book.

everyday till i see you is one day toooo long.
take care my pet.