Tuesday, February 28, 2006

our love is all of God's money

Time for a quick update before Finance Test studying.

Yesterday and today were a couple of those gorgeous days when I miss A&M. Today I would probably skip a class or two, go to the MSC and catch the LunchBox concert or PASA, grab some faux Chinese food in the MSC and lay in the sun next to Rudder Fountain. Maybe nap a little, pretend to study, and hang out with friends. Oh, college, how I miss thee (sometimes).

I am also nostalgic because one of my first college crushes (my Town Hall exec) friend-requested me on myspace. I proceeded to giggle for like, an hour, even though since then I have dated plenty of hotter guys (including current boyfriend). But I giggled nonetheless. Also realized that now that I am a grownup I will never get to have silly crushes on hot “senior” boys. Having a crush on a 30 yr old isn’t the same as having a crush on the senior football player or senior town hall exec. I was a lil sad about how that time in my life is over. Then I got over it.

The view from my office is great, but rumor has it some important manager types are looking for office space, and might take away my beloved window view. Cubicle sans window will be sad. Hope it doesn’t happen. Thought about chaining myself to the cubicle walls, but they would probably just move the wall (with me still attached).

I have a finance midterm in 1 week. I know absolutely nothing, as my prof’s lectures are scattered and not very effective. Oy.

Things I am obsessing about:
1) Mom’s house – will it ever be back to normal? Will we ever feel normal there again? Likely not, but we are trying. Also, cleaning out your childhood bedroom is depressing. I have to throw away old stuff really quickly before I wax sentimental about every single object.
2) Chunkiness – will I ever be back to normal size? Last years’ depression + going to school have done wonders to expand my belly. Tonight I work out and maybe tomorrow AM. Also we are power walking through the tunnels at lunchtime tomorrow.
3) Boyfriend – will we ever live in the same town? Oh God, will one of us have to move for the other? Which one? Am I ready for that kind of commitment? (I missss him.)
4) Project Runway – will Santino triumph? I saw the Fashion Week photos and his collection was my favorite by far. But what about Daniel V.?
5) The Bachelor – I liked Moana because she was more sophisticated and sounded smart and oh man, her wardrobe was stunning. But she was so freaking awkward that she gave me bad old bf flashbacks sometimes. Although she had weird hair and was a lil annoying, I’m glad Travis decided on Schoolteacher Sarah.
6) Brussel sprouts are delici-o-so. I had no idea. My dad hated them and wouldn’t allow them in the house, so I was a little afraid, but they are delightful little cabbage-y treats! And the low-fat butter sauce is great! Eat them now!

Here’s a link to Deborah’s wedding photos:
http://www.deborahandlonnie.com/Deborah&Lonnie.html
Note that Erik and I made it into the “slideshow”. Photo #104. Good lord, we are embarrassing. There is also a cute shot of me + Adrienne + Deb + Liz at photo #108.

Love to all!

3 comments:

jasembera said...

i can feel a long comment coming on. ah!

i had completely forgotten about the faux chinese. the strangely delicious faux chinese. though i remember picking two veges out of the bunch (celery? and something else) and only eating that. THANK YOU FOR THAT LOVELY MEMORY.

its nice to see that your latest obsessing objects run a tremendous gamet; i don't feel so peculiar.

i did real life power-walking (i.e. the dorky kind) for the first time last week and i still feel it my triceps. my triceps.

love to you too. :)

Anonymous said...

another brusselsprouts convert. YESSSSSS. sadly i cannot have them drenched in butter for 40 days as i have given up all that is dairy.

ya now i am yearning for warm days infront of rudder fountain, i preferred the taco salads...so wierdly delicious...then when it got too hot or class just seemed like a bad idea wandering up to the cube where a dozen or so people would cram in and spill outside and a covet a spot on the tiny couch...and all the wierd crap & pics on the walls...and the constant plans to "clean the cube" .... siiiiiiiigh.

oh well, but now i dont have big hair and boys think im pretty so its a trade off really. hahahah.

i too worry about relationships. they seem so important all of a sudden bc we are old and everyone thinks if you are dating htat person that = marriage. SICK. but maybe thats just my own nuerosis.

siiigh. we need to hang out.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard when I saw those pictures of you guys. I was so glad he put them in the slideshow. Goes to show you can liven any event up!