Thursday, March 02, 2006

oh, my life is changing everyday, in every possible way

I was so delighted with all of my previous post’s fabulously long comments that I decided to respond (especially since I will be away from internet for 4 whole days!)

Right after I posted about the MSC faux Chinese, I remembered the taco salads! I looooved them even though they were sort of whatever. In fact, I am going to be in CS on Friday so I am planning on getting one for lunch. (I also get to meet Chad for dinner so I am super excited!) Eeep!

It is sort of weird. I have to go to A&M to interview potential new hire engineers for the company. I don’t really know how I feel about this. I mean, the course of these kids’ careers could depend upon my personal opinion of them. It feel funny. I think about how my life would be so much different if I had taken a different job in a different city with different people and it’s sort of amazing the kind of influence that your job has on every aspect of life! If I hadn’t moved to Houston, maybe I wouldn’t have stayed as close to Amee or Maria and they are best friends! And I wouldn’t have met my work best friends. And maybe because of that I would never have met Aneil since I wouldn’t constantly hang out with Maria, Casey and that gang. And maybe I wouldn’t be in school because the company wouldn’t be paying for it. I guess you can play this game with every decision you’ve ever had to make, but the idea that I will be directly involved with these decisions in other peoples’ lives is a lil freaky.

I guess you could also say that you have profound effects on people lives every day without realizing it (think: “Merry Christmas you old Building & Loan!” in my best Jimmy Stewart voice).

Okay, moving on…

We did walk through the tunnels, but it wasn’t “powerwalking”. I would know, since I took that stupidly hard kinesiology class at A&M. (It didn’t hurt my triceps but my shins! Oh man, my shins hurt all semester!) Instead it was brisk walking whilst dodging professionals meandering to lunch. There was also the constant smell of various foods, so that wasn’t too bad.

I got an A on my Statistics exam! Wooooo! But I have a Finance exam next week, and I know absolutely nothing. UGH.

Okay so I watched Project Runway Finale Part I…I cannot believe they are spreading it out over 2 weeks! Jerks! I gotta say I love Santino a lil more now that we visited his hometown and got to see his interracial couple best friends with tons of halfsie babies. Plus I adore his collection. What’s with Chloe’s puff sleeves? And why did she wait 5 months to start on her collection? So weird. Daniel V.’s collection was underwhelming although I didn’t understand why Tim Gunn haaaated it. Also, now that Heidi Klum is no longer pregnant I find her more irritating than charming. And when she informed the contestants that they had to make ANOTHER outfit and they’re all so sad, I was like, ugh STUPID Heidi!

And I received my hat in the mail today! I looooove it! Amanda T. is the best ever. Too bad it was like, 85 degrees today.

Anywho, I’m off to CS then to Lake Charles to commence paint project phase II (fill in holes). I also have to study (a lot) for exam so I’ll be out of pocket for about a week. But my return will be triumphant! Project Runway finale post-exam! Then Thurs Aneil and I are going to see David Gray (yay!). So stay tuned…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pick the cool one w/mediocre grades that doesn't interview well and give them a job or else noone will hire me and my friends. haha.

Anonymous said...

give Chad a gigantic hug for me!