Monday, July 24, 2006

her face is a map of the world

Was thinking about discontinuing the ol' blog, since I have been lacking feedback comments lately, so I am assuming no one reads this. It may just be that people are only responsive to happy frivolous blog posts, so I will just post those from now on. Although those kind of days are fewer and further between.

Anywho frivolous item #1:

I think that rebates in general are a big joke. When I bought my computer, I took forever to collect all the required items needed & I sent away for a rebate, never received the check, then about a month later, got a note saying that my submission was incomplete. When I finally called HP I was informed that "oops!" someone keyed it in wrong, and I really did qualify for the rebate. Harumph. Maybe not all people a) send away for the refund or b) would bother checking on it afterward until they then forget about it. What a crock. After all of that, I was informed that I will receive my check in 4-5 weeks. Bleh.

Frivolous item #2:

I have lost 8 lbs in the past few weeks! Aneil is real proud of me, and bought me TWO pairs of DIAMOND earrings, which I of course adore, and wear constantly...whether it is to bed or to the gym or wherever! One is a pair of diamond studs, and the others are dangly and have little bitty diamonds along the bottom. I love them and I love him a lot.

Frivolous item #3:

The Pirates of the Caribbean sequel was real terrible. Which is a shame, considering how delightful I found the original. There were lots of goofy faux native island cannibalistic tribe antics, and voodoo looking lady who reminded me of Lisa Bonet, but with a completely incomprehensible accent, also an inexplicable and totally out of left field love triangle brewing amongst the 3 leads. BLEH. And I got bored of all the special effects by the end, and yearned for an ending that converted the strange fish/squid/octupi pirates into normal humans but that did not happen. Also there were lots and lots of tentacles of all shapes and sizes throughout the movie, which was sort of exhausting.

Frivolous item #4:

I hate hate hate hate my current MIS class at school. I am supposed to be studying for my exam right now but I am just BORED of the topic, the test material, and everything! 3 MORE WEEKS TO GO!

Frivolous item #5:

I can't believe Malan got kicked off of Project Runway. I mean, his dress was uggo, but I will miss his faux-worldliness. Plus, he reminds me of what I envisioned Professor Snape to be like after reading the Harry Potter books. Now that I associate Snape with Alan Rickman, I find him huggable instead of sinister. Anyways, and what was with that Angela lady? Yes, Vincent is infuriating, but man, was she a super-bitch or what?

Frivolous item #6:

My car is developing all sorts of issues now that it has almost 85,000 miles on it, so I am yearning for a fresh new car. I am currently yearning for an infiniti G35 coupe. I am also considering a Maxima and I secretly love the Beetle convertible (cream with a tan top). Any thoughts? I am hoping to wait until end of year, but my A/C is making weird noises, so perhaps sooner.

Frivolous item #7:

I got to go to a free! screening of "Little Miss Sunshine" with Kevin and Maria. They are real fun/funny friends. Movie was charming. Sort of made me feel the way "About a Boy" does, but not as giggly. Charming nonetheless, especially when considered post-Pirates viewing, it is even more wonderful in comparison.

Okay that's all for now! Hope to get to talk to some of you guys soon!

8 comments:

Bo Nash said...

1 - I would be really sad if you discontinued the blog. Of all of my friends' blogs that pop up in my RSS reader with new posts, yours is the one that gets me most excited. No matter what you're writing about, I can "hear you" in your prose, and it's delightful. So don't ever leave us.

2 - Diamonds = Pretty. Shelley = Pretty. Aneil = Smart. Shelley + Aneil = Pretty Smart. If Shelley = Pretty = Diamonds, then Shelley = Diamonds. I was going somewhere with this when I started...

3 - Pirates -- Haven't seen it yet, but no matter how bad it is, I think the new Superman is worse. Especially if you watch the old Christopher Reeve original before going to watch the new one. As my friend Dave said, “If you're trying to replace Christopher Reeve, don't make your lead repeat lines that Reeve delivered in the original. That's not the best way to keep us from thinking about how much we miss Chris.”

4 - I'm not caught up on my Runway yet. I have them all on the Tivo, but haven't watched any yet, therefore I have no opinion at this time.

5 - Oooh, now you know you've got my attention. Me = Loves Cars... no wait. Better stop the math before it gets scary again.
5a: Infiniti G35 Coupe - I've driven one. It's SOOOO sweet. I wish I'd bought it while I was still making crazy dotcom money. Very choice. They probably sell them at more reasonable prices now. You can probably get a great deal. I LOVED this car.
5b: Nissan Maxima - Eh. My last boss had one. I didn't particularly like it. I don't think it's as much of an upgrade from the Altima as you'd think. And I actually like the way the Altima drives better.
5c: Beetle Convertible - Neato! My sister has a non-convertible Beetle and I love driving it. It's hard to not have fun in this car. Previously mentioned friend Dave's wife has a convertible, and last I heard they still love the thing. I can't imagine not. It's a neat ride. But you know I'm biased towards VWs. :)
5d: Have you considered the Mini Convertible? My friend Dennis just traded his in. (Because kid #3 is on the way, not because he didn't like the car.) It was a fun little ride, too.

Thing to consider: Fixing AC is almost always an $800-$1000 job because if the compressor or the condenser goes, you generally have to replace them both because one breaking will cause the other to go.

Other thing to consider: Is the Altima paid off?

Love ya, kid! Call me if you ever want to talk cars, or if you need one of Bo's famously obnoxious car spreadsheets.


--

Totally unrelated observation: There was a hostage situation / police car chase in Dallas yesterday with an 18-wheeler. The reporter just referred to the "baby mama" of the alleged truck-jacker. Yes, they used that term.

wm said...

under no circumstances may you discontinue the blog. i check it like 3 times a day...because i have ocd...it's sort of sad.

those maximas look pretty sweet, and the G35's drive really well. my momma used to have one and it was real speedy and handly. although, you're kinda a bad driver...no offense...so i'm not sure that i want you with a real fast car....hmmm...quite a quandary.

xo.

Anonymous said...

DO NOT DISCONTINUE!! everyone is feeling this way and i think its only because everyone is completely boring over the summer. and i love reading your blogs bc they make me feel like i am having a conversation with you over bubble tea or something. please dont go. (think rudy voice mutator)

also i keep telling alex that i need an upgrade from my earrings but i dont think he cares. i need to have him talk to aneil apparently. haha.

also i was soooo mad that malan got kicked off bc i love him and his fake-accent. why wont vincent go he is so crazy. altho i thought for sure it would be the super bitch girl since she didnt do anything. atleast malan designed something.

also i was ambivalent to pirates. kiera knightly was so super annoying and was so stupid love for will turner. ugh. i get it you love him why do you have to constantly talk about it. jeeeeeeeez. and yes that lady did look like lisa bonet and so i was suprised the scary voodoo was really working her look.
i want to go see lady in the water but i heard that sucks too.

as for cars i have no idea bc i know nothing about cars. however i need one but i will probably end up getting something compeltely fuel efficient and inexpensive atleast for now as i have no job. i agree with will you tend to have a lead foot so stay away from those fast cars. i still remember whiplash from the car you had at a&m. jeez. also i thinkt he vw convertible is most "you" but make sure you do some research on the roof bc i hear sometimes wiht convertibles those can be a problem (in general).

um i miss you a lot. my blog is real boring and lame too but i am waiting for my life to get exciting again. and by exciting i mean complaining about school.

please dont go.
please dont go.
please dont gooooooo. dont go away.
bc i am -im gonna miss you so
the minute you walk out the door.
please dont go.

Anonymous said...

You can't discontinue! I totally check it once a day, always hoping for a new post. Love and miss you!

Liz said...

Please don't discontinue the blog. I really love reading it, even if I don't have time to comment on it at 1 am when I read it.

Bo Nash said...

Three more thoughts:

1 - I'm caught up on Pwoject Wunway now. I liked Malan because he was like a Bizarro universe haute couture Pee Wee Herman.

2 - Another thing that bugs me about the Maximas is that weird "Brazilian" sunroof they have. That's not what it's called, but I can't think of a less icky way to describe it, and that's probably why it bothers me so much. That and if I'm going to pay for a sunroof, give me a whole one, not a little strip of sunroof, dammit.

3 - In regards to the "be careful about convertible tops" I can attest that the one on the Beetle is muy excellente. It's designed by Ghia and they took several years in development to get it just right.

jasembera said...

i shall post comments regardless of content or rhyme or meter or tone or ontoaahnnotmopeia. you are strong, hilarious and lovely. the previous sentences are unrelated.

Anonymous said...

Ditto. I read. Kite Runner is also on my list, so I will post accordingly when I get there. I've been feverishly reading this summer, 1+ books a week, trying to make up for only reading uncool law books all year. :)