Wednesday, March 15, 2006

we're gonna go...where...we....can....shiiiiine

Last week was very eventful. I went home weekend before last to begin Mom’s House Renovation Phase II, which included cleaning/spackling/taping walls. She decided to paint all the bedrooms + hallway + dining room. Exhausting. She also had surgery on Monday, so I stayed in town for that. It’s scary when your parents get sick and you have to be the one taking care of them. I guess that’s just how it works, but it still feels weird.

Then I had stupid Finance midterm, which I’m still convinced I’m not prepared for, but I took it and feel like I passed it at least, and that’s all one can really hope for when they haven’t really learned anything in 2 months.

Luckily the week took an upturn on Thursday. Aneil came over for our 5-month-iversary (go ahead and vomit on us). We ate Freebirds and I baked cake in a box and we toasted with cheap champagne. Very fun. Highlight was the David Gray concert at Verizon Wireless (I do love that venue). The crowd was weird and old and white, and I mean we had to make fun of pretty much everyone there…middle-aged ladies with bared midriffs, drunk girls doing “sexy dances”, girls exclaiming that they haven’t been to anything this “crazy” since the Dave concert when he did 2 encores! Because he like never does 2 encores! Bleh. However, David Gray is fabulous live. His voice was top notch and his band was excellent (love that drummer!). He was lovely and his songs are lovely and I cried a little during “Freedom”. Plus he is charming and Welsh and you just can’t top that.

Friday we departed for Lake Charles Painting Fest. We arrived in LC in time to watch the History Channel with mom and Aunt Jen and eat tons of pizza. Then mom put us to work prepping the rest of the rooms…there was sanding and priming and more taping and more spackling! So exhausting! We worked until 1am, watched an infomercial and went to bed on the raft-esque air mattress. The next day was better. Although we were super tired, there were donuts and pasa and eggrolls and magic shell! Plus Amee, Bo, and Lauren arrived to help. I will basically be indebted to them for the rest of my life. It was exhausting and my back was pretty sore from sleeping on the raft, but we accomplished a lot. We also got to watch the latest Harry Potter movie, which was pretty excellent, I must say.

This week has been equally hectic. I have a Finance project to work on, plus I leave on Thursday for Austin on the way to Big Bend for Aneil’s friends’ outdoorsy themed wedding. We will be camping and everything. My back will probably officially revolt and hate me for life, but what can you do? Hope everyone is having smashing times. I’m exhausted and would kill for a weekend of drinking and watching tv and loafing about in general.

2 comments:

Bo Nash said...

I had a blast. You need to send me the pictures from the paintfest. I'm sure they turned out supercornylicious.

I finished the last of my baggie of eggroll thingies last night. Please send more, otherwise I'll have to revert to less addictive pastimes, like smoking crack rock or listening to Stevie Wonder.

jasembera said...

i would love to rock and roll along to a live david gra/ey show. esp with heaps of old ladies. i am jealous.

glad to read things are going so well w boy. he better not f it up. but it sounds like he's smarter than that.

-jen.