Wednesday, November 23, 2005

this one's for amanda

Sorry for the lame-o posts lately, but my home computer is sick sick sick (again). Think it's about time for an upgrade (i.e. perhaps a powerbook!).

Life is much improved since previous post. Turnaround (at least my part of it) is complete, and I am back to normal working hours. By next Thursday I will start my new job, so I have been busy wrapping up projects, turning over files to other people, and packing up/cleaning my office. This is a more difficult task than one might imagine. I've gotten to the point that I keep throwing things away, just so I don't have to deal with them anymore. Last Sat I attended my new downtown workgroup's fancy holiday dinner. It was actually pretty fun, and my new boss is adorable. I'm really looking forward to moving.

In other news, I had 2 glorious days off Sun-Mon and spent them mostly lying around and holding hands with charming boyfriend. I don't really intend to gush, but here is a short list of presents/favors done by aforementioned boyfriend in the 4 day period in which I saw him:
1) Prepared a feast on Friday night that was ready when I got home from work.
2) Vacuumed my apartment.
3) Folded laundry and organized linen closet.
4) Attended holiday party with me and wore a suit (including suspenders)
5) Got me the following items for birfday:
a) An entire cookie cake
b) Cheese & crackers
c) A bookmark that says "Jump into Reading"
d) A miniature engineer's ruler
e) A VHS tape of him in the audience at an ACL taping
f) A rubber ducky
g) The Sweet Leaf cups I left at his house in Sept
h) A VHS tape stolen from Hollywood video of the HBO movie "Don't Tell Her It's Me"
starring Steve Guttenburg because we talked about it one night when we first met, and
are pretty convinced no one else we know has seen it.
i) The special edition "Freaks and Geeks" complete series on DVD. (WOW!)
6) Took me to see Okkervill River on Sunday
7) Didn't get mad when I woke him up at 5:30-6:30 every morning, including my days off, but
instead stayed awake and chatted with me until I fell back asleep.

Oh also I'm obsessed with Starbucks' Eggnog Latte. Why is eggnog only around during Christmastime? Is it one of those things that we would start hating if we could get it any time of year? Should I write an extra credit paper on the supply/demand of eggnog for my finance class? Hmm. At any rate, I am planning on consuming at least 1 eggnog latte every week at school through the next month. God bless the Starbucks at the Bauer College of Business. Not sure I could survive Accounting without it.

Also starting to get pudgy due to turnaround bad eating habits. Although during the height of activity I had turnaround super metabolism, I am now back to normal yet still eat like a man. This has resulted in the return of the Shelley Innertube-esque Tummie. Seriously, I can barely get my pants around it. But dammit, I would definitely float if thrown into a body of water. At any rate, am going to get back into super-annoying-healthy mode starting Monday (duh can't start a diet on Thanksgiving).

Okay, I'm off to Lake Charles for some family hanging out + LSU football + Aunt Jenny birfday time. Should be good. Stay posted.

4 comments:

Misplaced Texan said...

I have often wondered the same thing about eggnog. I am always so sad around the first week of Jan when I ask for the eggnog latte, and they tell me no more eggnog. So sad.

Have a fun Thanksgiving!
Deborah

wm said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
wm said...

hooray for the end of the damned turnaround...i hereby stricken(stricken?) that word from our vocabulary, never to be thought or spoken again.

see you soon little one.

Anonymous said...

yay. a post just for me. but you should know im not teh only one who awaits your updates.....

im soo happy turn around is over. thank you god.

call me.

xoxo