Monday, November 28, 2005

Geaux Tigers



I had 4 whole days off to give thanks for various and sundry things. The holidays are really going to be a bummer this year, but we are trying our best. Mom and I went to Baton Rouge to cook Thanksgiving dinner for Fro on Thursday. Then Friday was uber-LSU day. We got up at 6:30 to make sure we got to campus in time to see the band rehearsal. Fro is a graduationg senior so he is pictured at right (the kid in the black tshirt) singing the LSU alma mater with the band.

Okay then we travelled to the middle of campus to see the drumline warm up. This was pretty entertaining and people enjoyed it a lot. I also took a video of a cadence but will spare you that. Fro actually wrote a lot of the music they played this year, so that's pretty sweet. You can see him here playing tenors.

Okay then we had to go wait for hours to see the football players go by then the cheerleaders then Mike the Tiger then the band. While we were waiting for mom's friend to meet up with us to get our tickets, mom randomly saw "that guy from the John Lithgow show". Luckily I was on the phone with Aneil, who strangely knew that the "guy" was "French Stewart". Turns out his wife is from Baton Rouge. So mom and I were excited about our celebrity sighting:

Whilst eating concession stand food (sausage on a bun and peanuts) I got to thinking...what do other countries serve in their concession stands. I mean, I assume they serve food at "football" games in Europe or Asia...I doubt they serve peanuts and hot dogs and nachos. Hmmm. Also the smell of and/or the sight of people eating nachos is real gross to me, yet when I am eating them it's somehow okay. I don't understand that either.

Okay so the game finally ended many many hours later (oh yeah the Tigers won) and we marched back to the music hall with the band. Fro et al played all sorts of crazy stuff and he was so excited. He is sort of like a local celeb amongst followers of the band, so that's cool. Also he's real good at it. No wonder he's my parents' favorite.


In other news, apparently I have finals in 2 weeks. Have I even opened a book since my last exams? Nope. Ah well, waiting for the panic to set in.

I also start my new job on Thurs. Hope I don't screw it up too bad.

I am enormous right now. I have to work on that. Eventually.

The oldies station has been playing a lot of Chicago lately (woo!). Also, I randomly heard a Yes song today. Call me crazy, but I occassionally enjoy their prog-ish-ness. (I am lame.) Kudos to the oldies station for reviving Yes.

No I haven't been leisure reading or watching tv or movies or listening to new music. I have become completely uninteresting and chubby. It would be a problem, but I'm not too sad about it right now. I'm just glad to have days off sometimes. I'm hoping to become interesting again soon.

Oh, the highlight of the day is I bought a really cute picture frame today and put a really adorable baby picture of Aneil in it. I am in fact going to take a picture of it and post it here, I am that proud of it. If you're still reading this, I commend thee.

4 comments:

wm said...

instantaneous reading of blogs is sort of like a really long, one sided, IM conversation.

so thats cool.

xoxo.

wm said...

wow, check out how i actually read and posted a comment before you even updated the blog...

Anonymous said...

hahahahahha will beat me to it.
darn.
i love your entries. why do you hoard them away only for yourself to enjoy. share them with the rest of us more often.
hoh.
i miss you.
you are adorable. so glad i get to see you soon. hopefully ill still be standing.
also why is Fro a "senior man" now. and it is fitting that you would find french stewart. ok bye.

Bo Nash said...

Your bro is hott. If my sister weren't engaged, I'd totally put her on the next truck for LSU.

And French Stewart has a wife? What the hey is up with that?