Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Sea of Love

So the Valentine's party was a success. Sadly, our co-hostess Maria caught the flu, so there was a clear drop in the level of sass at the party, but it was still fun. Even Sean commented that he initially thought the idea was stupid, but was real excited about his goodie bag. An excellent variety of cards, play-doh, candy, etc. Plus everyone played along and seemed to have a fun time. We even got to meet new friends, and all was glorious. I love parties! No, I didn't take any pictures, but Sean did so I will try to retrieve them soon. I have been pathetic about picture-taking lately, not sure why.

I was down in the dumps last week, as I saw no friends all week, and essentially watched American Idol then went to sleep every night. By Thursday I hit my limit, and just yearned to have a conversation with a best friend. It seemed like so long since I just dreamed up theories and thoughts with someone and didn't bother with exhausting discussion about our love lives or futures or careers or whatever. I dunno, maybe that's why people start book clubs. Heh.

At any rate, I am feeling much better now, and am embracing my American Idol lifestyle this week. Anyone watching it? There is this incredible 16 year old kid that is just so talented and utterly adorable, he makes me giggle incessantly. It's sort of amazing. Everyone else is meh.

Quick thoughts about the Oscars:

I love Jon Stewart.

I can't get over how beautiful Marion Cotillard is.

My only moment of genuine excitement was when Marketa and Glen from "Once" won for best song. I was happy to see that the soundtrack is the top album on iTunes now. Also, did those songs from "Enchanted" suck, or what?

James McAvoy is tiny and has the same accent as Fran from Travis. Cutie.

"No Country for Old Men" was excellent, to be sure, but it made me feel blaaaah. I actually liked "There Will Be Blood" and "Juno" better, although "Once" was definitely my favorite movie this year.

Is it lame to think George Clooney is hot? I dunno, he's so Cary Grant-ish. Dreamboat.

At any rate, that's about it for this week, gang. I apologize for being boring, but I am just laying low for now. It's actually not too bad, but I am so used to being constantly busy and tired that it's just sort of strange right now. I am trying not to be restless. I can do this. Luckily I have approx. 26 hrs of Idol to watch per week, plus 1 hr of "Lost". Couch potato. Actually, I look like a lil red potato when I run, so maybe it's a theme.

Thanks for reading this drivel.

This week I love: home-cooked meals, surprise presents in the mail (lub-dub!), and girl scout thin mints.

This week I hate: achy shins, the complete lack of CampFire girls in the Houston area...I'd rather support them than our rival Girl Scouts...my "Camp Fire" secret name was Re-Mi-Ho...I can't remember why.

I'll try to be more charming next week. There will be Rodeo BBQ, Wilco shows, etc to talk about!

XOXO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I echo the achy shins and red cheeks from running. I truly believe that this running thing is going to kill me. My dog is now officially in better shape than me. She was ready to keep going the other night when I barely made it to the end. Good thing she is so cute!