Tuesday, February 06, 2007

cupid, draw back your bow

Last weekend was Neha's wedding extravaganza. She was unbelievably beautiful, as expected. What is it about brides? I just fall in loooove with them every time. Anywho, here she is getting ready:

The final product was really amazing. I started crying (ridiculous, I know) because she was so pretty! Also all of this stuff was sooooo heavy I have no idea how she could even walk.

The ceremony was surprisingly short at only about 1.5 hours. The priest was real funny and did (approximate) translations for everything. e.g. "So Neha's brother is like, hey, Julian, will you love Neha and make her happy? Then Julian is like, hey, of course. And they are like, hey, okay then." It was charming. He sort of sounded like Strongbad from homestarrunner. Ha. Also, there were mango smoothies and snacks (!) served during the ceremony. YUM. My camera is a lil wonky ever since festivus, so this one is a lil blurry, but it's the only shot I have of the ceremony and it includes Jules:


As promised, here is a photo of me in a sari. It is not really fair because I am standing next to Amee, who always looks amaaazing in Indian clothes, so I look sort of bleh, but I tried real hard. I only sort of felt like a taco, but it was still a relief to take that thing off at the end of the night.


So the ceremony was real nice, and the cocktail hour was fun (me and Aneil ate tons of samosas!). The reception room was gorgeous and so so so nice...I am realizing that my wedding will pale in comparison to my fancy friends. It's fine. There was tons and tons of dancing it sort of felt like one of those dance marathons, but I think we pulled it off well. At the end of the night, Aneil and I were super-sweaty, but still managed to snap one last pic:


We are adorable!

Hope everyone is having a good week. School sucks, but I'm doing okay otherwise. This week I love: weddings, Neha and Julian, songs by Sam Cooke, and Veggie Booty. And I love you!

6 comments:

wm said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
wm said...

i thoroughly enjoyed the rapidity with which you updated your blog. very impressive.

sweaty shelley = awesome.

Anonymous said...

For having been up since 7 or 8 that morning, and doing wedding stuff not much later, AND considering that last pic was taken around 11...you look pretty.

I love da booty too, but the veggie booty is bad.

Anonymous said...

i am so glad you love veggie booty!!! i told you it was delicious!

neha looks GORGEOUS altho why do the photos you posted have that frosty glamour shots glow? was it her natural bride aura being exuded?

you looked beautiful dummy.
also i will be the best helper for your wedding ever. im really good at knocking things off todo lists.also with helping sample food from caterers. i could help there too.

ok bye.

lightie said...

you look so pretty! taco schmacko...

Liz said...

I love cultural weddings, they are so different from everyday blah. You looked beautiful in your sari. And you didn't even look like you'd been sweating in that last pic. You and Aneil ARE super cute!