Monday, December 11, 2006

Who Dat?

Quick update, since I know Amanda and all my other studious best friends need study break distractions (i.e. blog entries) to read and comment on. You are all adorable…it is ridiculous.

This past weekend was fun, although I got sick on Thursday night (of COURSE) so was feeling yucky all weekend. Not to worry, it was just a little cold, but it still kept me from all of my fun outdoorsy plans. Aneil came over (hooray!) and we went to holiday dinner with my coworkers. We actually had a nice time, and ate a super decadent meal…since I was sicky we figured since we weren’t drinking we could splurge on fancy entrees instead (brilliant!). My coworkers are all grownups, but most of them are really cute and fun and friendly so it was a good time. Aneil sat next to the one guy (my coworker’s husband) at the party that could quote Bill Murray movies and/or “Almost Famous” so they did that all night…ha, it was like ope I’ve lost him to “movie quote guy” much in the way I typically lose him to “Golden Tee”. But he was a super-charmer and everyone commented on our cuteness so hurrah.

Saturday my cold was in full effect, so we just watched tv and lounged about all day. He even indulged me and took me to Freebirds, but I could only eat half of my Half Bird, which was pretty pitiful, and further evidence that I was indeed very very sick. Heh. Also, “The Santa Claus Movie” from the 1980’s is NOT as cool as you remember. “Scrooged” is pretty ridiculous. And “The Shop Around the Corner” is more charming than “You’ve Got Mail”. Also my holiday love affair with Jimmy Stewart is in full effect, so I’m thinking about renting more JS movies to warm up for my holiday viewing of “It’s a Wonderful Life”.

Sunday I had to “study” for my Marketing final, so I watched Sunday Night Football while I did that. My dearest New Orleans Saints totally stomped the stupid Dallas Cowboys and I was totally channeling my mom, as I kept yelling at the tv whilst all alone in my apartment. I kept saying things such as “Suck it Tony Romo!” and “Suck it Cowboys!”…who am I? I dunno why, but my family has always haaaated the Cowboys, besides the fact that I am bitter over not being qualified to be a cowboys cheerleader. (Love that show!) Anywho, I think my mom, in one of her famously wacky emails (I swear, her punctuation could make her the new e.e. cummings and/or James Joyce), sums up the Saints win best:

"of course, i watch the game, hollering by myself. the "aints" are awesome and for real this season.not to mention fun to watch. they gave the over rated cowboys a good" whuppin",and showed everyone the new "america's team".talk about knocking down thier shaky pedestal. everyone in the sportsworld picked dallas to win,huh!!showed them. besides, drew brees is my new man,and that reggie bush my new football baby!"

I like that she qualified that Drew Brees is her “man” and Reggie Bush her “baby”…oddly enough I totally agree with that logic!

Not much other news…festivus preparations will be in full effect after my final tomorrow, so I am really excited about that. I can’t WAIT to see everyone. I am already smiling just thinking about it!

Hope everyone has a good studying week!

This week I love: the Saints, Drew Brees, Reggie Bush, Aneil, Oreos, and Jimmy Stewart. This week I hate: the Cowboys, post-nasal drip, studying, and saying goodbye on Sunday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha. your mom is nuts. i have a confession to make: i am a little afraid of you when football is on tv bc you yell like you are speaking in tounges. it is quite amazing. then you are back to normal. i am also secretly glad the cowboys lost probably bc they are from dallas nothing good ever comes from dallas. well maybe some things....but i cant think of any. fort worth has issued one good boy....but thats about it...oh and arlington, they did give us rudy but other than that i dont like those yankee texans. anyway. i am missing you and i wish we could get godiva white chocolate raspberry shakes and go holiday shopping together. thanks for the update (heh) back to the insanity!
xoxo.
ope! hope test went well!

Bo Nash said...

I'm an Arlingtonian but I'm not a huge fan of the Cowboys either. Although I like Martin Gramatica. Favorite kicker ever.

I went to the Thanksgiving game vs. Tampa Bay and people were wearing shirts that said "I'm a Romosexual." I think the honeymoon is over now.

I'd love to watch you and your mom watch a Saints game. Based on Amanda's fright, I'm betting it's quite a sight. Hey that rhymed.

Tell Rudy if he needs a ride to the Festivus to hit me up. We went to the same elementary school, after all. We can't be coming from too far apart.

wm said...

like bo, dont like the cowboys, but i am a big fan of martin gramatica. and dont call him maaaartin, its mar-tine!

i really like how he was sitting on his couch, undoubtedly having a cherry frostee, when Parcells calls him up and offers him a job. Then first game back he kicks the game winner...pretty sweet.

Diane said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lightie said...

more please...:)

Erik said...

i just read this and while i'm technically not from dallas, i am from the metroplex and like the cowboys. amanda is just jealous/mad that she's from corpus. what has ever come out of corpus that's worth anything? NOTHING!!! i shake my fist at all of you.