Thursday, August 24, 2006

you've got soul you've got class...

Hello beauties.

I am back to life back to reality after our fancy "no, really, believe us, we're upper class" spa weekend. I've decided that a) it is always better to stay in a fancy hotel, b) spas are sort of funny because everyone is naked underneath their plush bathrobes, c) you can never drink too much fancy lemon water, and d) room service is the best thing ever.

Mom and I made it to San Antonio and immediately received fancy 1.5 hour pedicures. As it turns out, I loooove pedicures. They do this thing where they put your foot in a bootie filled with warm wax and it is glorious. This is what $100 feet look like:

Shelley

Mom

I figure at $10 per toe, it is worth it. If you factor in the work done on your calves/heels, it is actually only like, $6 per toe, thus basically CHEAP.

Also at fancy hotels there is pointless "turndown" service and while you are getting a pedicure, someone comes and leaves you snacks in your room. Mom enjoys the fancy sugary pecans:

Later at the hotel restaurant, Mom goes on and on to the manager about how she looooved those pecans, so when we got back to our room, there was a gigantic bowl filled with pecans awaiting us:

The next day were our fancy massages and facials. I mean, I guess the massage was okay, but sort of awkward. I liked the facial a lot though. And it was funny, because on your way out of the treatment room you always received a glass of lemony water and grapes. So luxurious. We also would hang out in the "relaxation room" and eat fruits whilst lounging on chaise lounges. Ridiculous but great.

After a long day of exploring and shopping, we met up with my Amanda for dinner. She was pretty and stylish as usual:

So it turned out to be a fun weekend, and we are planning on making it an annual event.

Since then I started school...Marketing and Management. If anyone has any brilliant ideas for an innovative new (fictional) product that I can market for my project, that would be great. I am not creative...helloooo I'm an engineer.

Project Runway was so-so this week. The designers had to make outfits for "real women", namely their mothers and sisters. The twist, I guess, was that they couldn't design for their own mom, but someone else's. More enlightening than the show itself was Tim Gunn's blog, in which he agreed with me that Uli's design was the best, although I was amazed at the normal-ness of Vincent. Except of course when he declared that he was inspired because Uli's mom has "this European air about her". Yes Vincent, it's because she is FROM Europe. Oy. Currently thinking Michael, Uli, and Vincent are headed for the top 3. Yes, I said Vincent...there is always a wild card thrown in...remember Wendy Pepper (season 1) and Santino (season 2)?

This weekend is Maria's birfday festivus in College Station. CHUGGERS! CHAD! CHEESE ENCHILADAS!

Okay, that's it for now. I found a bunch of photos on my camera I never posted, so expect some photo-journal-ing soon.

Lub-dub.

6 comments:

Bo Nash said...

1) You and your mom are precious! If you two were on Pwoject Wunway I'm sure you'd blow away any of the other designers and their moms. Especially after your glam weekend!

2) What are the guidelines for your imaginary product? That sounds like a ton o' fun! I had to do a similar project in college. We went with a bodywash/shampoo/all-in-one thingy focused solely on guys. Miraculously Dial now sells something almost identical. They even brag about it looking like it comes in a motor oil bottle. (Which ours did!) I'd love to help! Call me, kid!

3) I'm slightly mad at Pwoject Wunway. Pretty much every week they kick off my favorite person. I liked Bizarro Universe Pee Wee Herman (Malan) and he's gone. And I had a crush on Katherine, and they booted her. So then I was pulling for Alison, who was also supercute. Then she's gone. So I start pulling for Jeffrey, and then he had to go and be mean to Angela's mom. So he might as well be booted. Argh. What now? I guess I'm pulling for Michael or Uli now. Sigh.

Luv ya, kid!

Anonymous said...

you have cute feet i can see it runs in the family. was good to see you again! i wish we could watch tv shows to-gether...your top 3 are my top 3 picks too...your fictional product should be a dog bowl that has sensors and software that let you know when your dog's waterbowl is empty. it would alert you and then you could refill it instead of feeling like a bad parent and wondering how long he had no water. you could sell it for the low low price of 19.99.

wm said...

hey what is a "chaise lounge", somehow this phrase has eluded me for far too long.

why is amanda so tan (and hot? seriously...)?

xo shelleybear.

jasembera said...

so i'm getting my very first "mini-facial" next week, and i feel really girly because of it. i better have lemony water too or i'm gonna get reeeeeal angry.

manicures and pedicures? man i think i'm entering a whole new world.

and you and your mom are real pretty.

Misplaced Texan said...

In college, some of us came up with come things to sell on the internet that you could market.

1) A DVD rerinder. Even better it is shaped like a car or something.

2) A do it yourself pet lobotomy consisting of two chopsticks that could be placed up the nose.

3) Carbon supplements. Carbon is the building block of life, have you had your carbon today? Carbon consists of sugar packets.

Feel free to use any of our ideas. I think we had too much coffee one night.

Bo Nash said...

I think a "chaise lounge" would be much cooler if it were a "cheese lounge" and made out of Gouda.

It's 3am on a Saturday. Ask me why I just thought of that. If my first two answers don't involve alcohol, I'm lying.

Back to cookie baking!

Luv ya, kiddo!