Tuesday, June 27, 2006

i've got my mind set on you

Love is in the air! There's something about the summer that makes it an ideal time for love (or other various forms of hormonal attachment). Summer romances, holding hands with cute boys at camp (if I haven't forced you to watch my all-time favorite MTV Special: Fat Camp, let me know, because it's awesome!), weddings, engagements, and as was the case when I was 18, hooking up with the waiter at the coffeeshop where you loiter.

I'm not complaining or making fun or anything cynical like that...I love love. It makes me smile and giggle and feel happy to see couples in love. And I guess I can't complain either, because I happen to be ridiculously in love too! (Okay, please don't vomit all over this blog entry)

To stay consistent with the theme, Here is a picture of beautful Kat and cute Such from their wedding a few weeks ago. Kat looked so perfect, that I've decided that for my wedding someday, I would like to be a sparkly blue-eyed blonde. I will probably need a professional wedding planer to accomplish that, but I hear they can and do work wonders. Kat and Such are great because they are so obviously in love and sparkly eyed and crazy about each other.

The same day I saw Kat's wedding proofs, I was checking out cnn.com and they had released pictures of Nicole Kidman's wedding to that country singer guy, and I've gotta say, Kat looked waaaay more fabulous than Nicole. I'll let you judge for yourself, but I imagine you will agree. Nicole is real pointy-faced after all. Plus her skin tone srt of blends right into the white dress. (Although admittedly, I love the poofy sleeves a lot.)

In other exciting news, I am almost done with my first summer course. I haaaate summer school's pace, although my professor is fun. I just completed a 14 page paper about the ethical clusterfuck that was the corporate governance at Fannie Mae (that was almost the title...but I decided against it at the last minute). Summer II starts in a week. Joy.

I'm not looking forward to the next couple of weeks. July 4th was the last time I saw my daddy, and he died on the 10th. A whole year ago. It's so weird. I've become increasingly paranoid in the past year, and if left alone too long (or without school assignments to keep me busy) I think alot about death and the afterlife and how I don't know what's going to happen. I remind myself of Winona Ryder in Beetlejuice. But less freaky. That said, I miss my dad a lot, and can only hope hope hope that there IS an afterlife so I can see him again someday.

In less depressing news, well really AWESOME news, the new season of Project Runway commences in 2 weeks...oooooh joy! I've had to resort to watching America's Got Talent since I ran out of Scrubs episodes, so the new PR will be a relief. Although everytime a magician auditions on the talent show I wish that Europe's "The Final Countdown" will start to play...a la Gob.

In summary, this week I love: love, dumplings, hummus, the prospect of leisure reading, the concept of the afterlife. I do not love: the show "my super sweet 16", unethical accounting, oatmeal, and tortfeasors.

3 comments:

wm said...

i love it when you say things like "clusterfuck."

Anonymous said...

Random Responses:
1. You should read Life of Pi if you haven't already. It's my new favorite book.
2. Should I be concerned that my contracts class didn't teach me anything about $500-anything? Maybe I'll learn that in ethics?? Eep.
3. Nicole Kidman should never have done that witch movie, because now when I look at her, all I can see is 1950s witch.
4. If you haven't tried it yet, try wasting some time on So You Think You Can Dance. Yay TV!

Anonymous said...

yes the law is boring but thankfully you are not. miss you. call me when you arent busy or sleepy. :)

tell fro CONGRATS!

PS: can my nickname be: "THE MOST BEAUTIFUL, PERFECT WOMAN EVER" hahaha