Thursday, December 15, 2005

Feed the world, let them know it's Christmastime

Hello all!

I have fun photos, etc to share, but haven't had time to download them (hi hello what could be more thrilling than Lionel Richie in concert?). In the meantime, I felt like it was time to give a brief update so that you at least know I'm alive.

Finals are over! Thank God. I can go back to living life instead of procrastinating and complaining about having to read about long run average cost curves.

New work is good so far. My coworkers and boss are so incredibly nice. It is also weird working in an office instead of at the plant. Observations thus far:

1) There really is this office humming noise...like the sound of keyboards clacking + copiers whirring + phones ringing + murmuring behind cubicle walls. It's real weird.
2) It is way less hectic than the plant.
3) It is weird/cool to ride the elevator up to my 17th floor cubby and see buildings all around instead of distillation columns.
4) The coffee at the coffee bar is in individual packages labeled "Office Coffee", which I find hilarious.
5) There are 17 million places to eat in the tunnels and/or near the tunnels.
6) I love love love my new boss. Today he bought all of us fancy chocolates from the new store in the tunnel. He also offered me his theatre tickets, since he can't go. Also he's so nice and appreciative of the lame-o reports I made this month. Yay.

In other news, I am in total party-planning mode. I reserved the clubhouse, called and got cost estimates from jason's deli & chick fil a. I am so excited. I can't believe I will get to hang out with 75 best friends this Sat. I need a new outfit.

I am also crazy about the following things this week:
1) Scratch-off lottery tickets, specifically the "Holiday Bingo"
2) America's Next Top Model
3) Wilco...also had a dream last week in which I hung out with Jeff Tweedy and he looked strangely like the messiah (but with a mullet)
4) Jason's Deli Taco Salad (holy crap it's so delicious)
5) Pepper Jack cheese
6) Cheap makeup purchased at my local CVS (since I left my "real" makeup in Lake Charles)
7) Mom's go-getter attitude (we have a new roof and will soon have floors)
8) Any item that has been labeled "holiday" to make it more marketable (for example today i bought "holiday" salt n pepper shakers)
9) Jesus (i.e. reason for the season!)

1 comment:

Liz said...

I'm so happy that you like your new job. You are so successful and I am so jealous. Miss you. Merry Christmas.